Friday, January 2, 2009

Wheatgrass: Its worse than drinking cheap vodka but better at the same time

So I started my diet today and it’s going well so far. I had 4 ounces of wheatgrass and some fresh OJ this morning. That was followed by a salad with balsamic vinaigrette and grilled chicken for lunch. For dinner I had steamed shrimp with cocktail sauce and a side of mixed vegetables. As bland as it sounds everything tasted good…except the wheatgrass.

For anyone who hasn’t had the pleasure of tasting wheatgrass, you are NOT missing out on flavor. You might know and even enjoy the smell of fresh cut grass when driving by your neighbor’s fresh-cut front yard. All I can say is, imagine that smell as a taste, and that is exactly what wheatgrass is like.

When you order, it comes with an OJ chaser; which is the only way that I (or anyone I know) can stand the taste. I might be able to throw back a couple shots of cheap vodka without a chaser, but this stuff is wayyyyy worse. But unlike the horrible, mind-bending hangover cheap vodka will give you; drinking 2 ounces of wheatgrass is like eating 2 POUNDS of fresh vegetables. I’ll deal with the taste and take the health benefits. Now a part of my daily routine, we’ll see how may days I can drink wheatgrass before turning green.

No comments:

Post a Comment