
I went to my first Lakers game last night. I know, I've lived here for a year and a half and haven't gone yet, but I finally got to a game and it was awesome to say the least. Kobe and the Lakers faced off against D-Wade and the Miami Heat. It came down to the last 30 seconds and the Lakers pulled it off, winning 108-105. Celebrities at the game: I walked by Cuba Gooding Jr and saw Denzel and Jack Nicholson.

The craziest part of the night was that after the game my college roommate Jesse and I ran into the Maryland Terrapins quarterback Chris Turner outside the Staples Center. Originally from Simi Valley, Chris is a friendly guy and we spent a few minutes talking about Maryland football. He likes his young receiving corp and thinks Maryland can have a good season next year, even with the loss NFL-bound WR Derrius Heyward-Bey. He said that Boise was a fun town and that he was glad to bring back a bowl victory to College Park.
I'm definitely going to some more Lakers games.

No comments:
Post a Comment